Support the Paycheck Fairness Act Today
Posted by gansie on September 27, 2010
Paycheck Fairness Act is Good for Business and Good For Employees
For the first time in history, women are on the verge of outnumbering men in the workforce. As the number of working women continues to increase, it is necessary to ensure that women receive fair treatment when performing the same job as their male counterparts. Pay equity not only affects the women who are working, but it also affects their families and their communities.
The Paycheck Fairness Act is a smart move for businesses.
· It reduces risk of litigation.
· It lowers employee absenteeism.
· It reduces employee turnover thus reducing employer costs.
The Paycheck Fairness Act is good for employees.
· It fosters an atmosphere of transparency.
· It allows employees to freely discuss salary with co-workers.
· It ensures equal pay for equal work.
Please take a moment to call or write your Senator to encourage their support. You can easily write your Senate by using our BPW Foundation Advocacy Center. Take the time to edit and personalize your letter. Tell your Senator why this issue is important to you.